From Steven Meardon:
Dear all -- our session chair, discussants and speakers -- Brad DeLong, Al Eckes, Brink Lindsey, Alan Taylor, Toni Estevadeordal, and Hamid Hosseini: The ASSA has assigned a date and time for our session. It is to be January 3, 2003 (the first day of the conference), from 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The only bits of information still missing are the hotel in Washington and the room number where the session will be held -- which bits I'll pass on when they come my way.
The session information in the basic form in which it will appear in the program is:
Session Title: Alternative Accounts of the End of Globalization (JEL Classification B0)
Posted by DeLong at December 31, 2002 10:42 AM | Trackback
- Presiding: J. Bradford DeLong, University of California at Berkeley
- Antoni Estevadeordal, Inter-American Development Bank, and Alan M. Taylor, University of California at Davis - "The Rise and Fall of World Trade: 1870-1939."
- Hamid Hosseini, King's College - "Globalization Theory in the Unity-Rivalry Debate of Lenin-Kautsky on the Eve of WW I."
- Stephen Meardon, Inter-American Development Bank - "The Metaphysical Club, the Political Economy Club, and the Predominance of Protection: 1875-1913."
- Discussants: Alfred E. Eckes, Ohio University, Brink Lindsey, Cato Institute